SIF APARTMENTS ARE SELF CHECK-IN APARTMENTS.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR INFORMATION BY HAND ONCE YOU ARRIVE AT THE APARTMENT BUILDING.
Check In / Check Out:
- Checkout time is at 10am, check-in is at 3pm.
- There is no physical key and all access is with a keypad for the main entrance and the apartment itself.
- Make sure to lock the door and take all your belongings with you.
- You don’t have to worry about cleaning the towels or sheets, we will take care of that.
- Any common waste is collected in a trash bag located in the kitchen. When the bag is full please take them out the garbage cans that are located outside of the building.
- There is no free dedicated parking spot for the apartment. You can find Pay & Display parking spots outside and you might be able to find some free parking spots on side streets. You don’t have to pay for parking on Sundays. Another option is to use the underground (paid) parking garage under the building. No reservation needed.
- If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.
- No smoking, smoking is strictly forbidden in the apartments or anywhere in the building.
- No parties.
- Keep all noise to a minimum between 23:00 – 7:00
- Please consider other guests when checking out early.
- Please start the dishwasher with all the dirty cutlery.
- Empty the fridge of all the food you brought in and put the trash in the trash can.
- Treat the apartments like it was your own home. 🙂
- No pets in the apartment.
- To ensure we keep the floorboards clean for our guests, we have a no shoe policy inside our home.
- Smoking in apartment €100
- Broken Fire Alarm €100
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW TO GET IN ?
Sif Apartments are self-check-in apartments. Two days before arrival, we will send you an email, containing details of how to get access to your apartment. There is no physical key and all access is with a keypad for the main entrance and the apartment itself.
Do you offer early check-in ?
Generally no. If the apartment is free the night before and is clean, then you are welcome to check in early. We send out an automated email to all our guests as soon as the apartment has been cleaned and is ready for check-in.
Arriving late ?
That is no problem, we are a self-check apartment building so you can come as late as you want. If you are arriving late then please respect your surroundings and try to keep the noise levels to a minimum.
What is included in your stay ?
Bed linen, towels, toilet paper, shower gel, hair dryer, coffee & tea to name a few.
Are there cooking facilities in the apartment?
All our apartments have a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, oven, fridge, coffee machine, microwave, kettle, coffee, and tea & kitchen utensils.
Is there free parking on premises ?
- There is no free dedicated parking spot for the apartment.
- You can find Pay & Display parking spots outside and you might be able to find some free parking spots on side streets.
- You don’t have to pay for parking on Sundays.
- Another option is to use the underground (paid) parking garage under the building. No reservation needed.
- More Information Here
You want to explore Iceland ? We can help.
You can send us an email if you need any help with booking your tours, we have partnered up with Travelade to help you get the most out of your stay.
Have a look at our guide here
Do you offer free internet ?
Yes we do, there is free internet in the whole building and we will send the wifi codes in the same email as you key codes a few days prior to your arrival.
Where can I get Icelandic Krona
We do not recommend buying Icelandic currency in your home country, you might get a very bad exchange rate since the Icelandic Krona is such a small currency. There are banks and cash machines at the airport and all over the city and they are in service 24/7. You can also use credit cards almost everywhere in Iceland with no minimum charge.
Is it safe to drink the tap water ?
In short: YES. Not only is it safe, but the water is excellent! So please don’t buy bottled water.
95% of all water in Iceland comes from springs in the ground, so it never comes in touch with any pollution. Unlike in many neighbouring countries, the Icelandic water is free of chlorine, calcium, and nitrate. The quality of tap water in Reykjavík is well monitored, so you are not to worry!
Duty free & alcohol in Iceland
Alcohol is very expensive in Iceland and you can only buy it at state run stores called Vínbúðin. The DutyFree at the airport is a lot cheaper. Strong liquor is A LOT cheaper while wine and beer are also quite a bit cheaper. We recommend buying some before picking up your bag.
P.S. Do not be fooled by the “beer” you see at local supermarkets. Those are light beers with only about 2% level of alcohol.
Left something behind ?
Contact us so we can check for the lost item and get it back to you.
Directions to the building by car
If you are not planning on renting a car then the Flybus+ is your best option. The Flybus runs every 30 minutes 24 hours a day.
The best option is to purchase The Flybus Plus (Flybus+) and request to be dropped at the stop, called: “Sif Apartments – Stop 12” or just “Bus Stop # 12 Höfðatorg” and from there it’s about 2 min walk to the Sif Apartments.
* Useful Information: Last updated in June 2019